Translate

Monday, January 3, 2011

Learning Curve!

This is my first blog posting!   I have wanted to start a blog for about a year but for whatever reason, (fear, I believe), I just haven’t…until now.  Being sick and having to lie on the couch today, I am seizing the opportunity to go for it! 

Although many blogs that I have visited have inspired me to start, I give the final credit to Rolling Hills Vintage.  I have admired her Etsy store and read her “About Me” on her brand new blog.  The trials of her life, which she says have made her a stronger woman, are what resonate with me.  I have experienced a great deal of loss in my life as well, the most traumatic being the sudden death of my husband when our two girls were 7 and 10 years old and more recently, the sudden death of my youngest daughter at age 28.  Strength indeed comes through hardship.  I thank God that He has helped me and given me the hope to go on and find enjoyment in life once again…to enjoy Etsy once again!  Etsy is a wonderful distraction for me!  It is an island of pretties, of simplicity, creativity and community.

When thinking about the purpose of this blog, I have as many questions as answers.  I have waited long enough to gain a clear direction for it to take but have decided to just take the plunge and view it as a journey! 

At times I will post new listings from my Etsy store www.vintageculler.etsy.com, post about my three superb grandchildren :) and give updates on any new ventures in my life.  This will include before and after pictures of the occasional redecorating projects in my home.  I love to re-purpose vintage items and incorporate them into my rooms.  The fun of having an Etsy store is having the inventory to pull from if I decide to use it in my décor! 

I look forward to getting to know all of you out there! Please visit again!

Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year!

Cindy

No comments: